cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Files on Bulk FSA recall on EV 6SP4

SDA_-_Sigma
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a customer who is trying to bulk recall all FSA items out of their vault (EV 6 SP4).  The file server is Windows 2003.  When recalling a large amount of files, some random Word and Excel files are corrupted.  Excel files kick an error that "the file is not in a recognizable format" and Word files open up but are full of square boxes.  If they then pull one of the affected files directly out of Archive Explorer, it opens fine.  This tells me the archived files are OK, but corruption occurs randomly during the recall process.  The customer has worked with support but are not getting a fix. 

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea what might be occurring?  I wonder about having the customer remove the FSA agent from the file server and reinstalling it.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2

Jetpilot
Level 3
We have the exact same problem we have used robocopy for several years to move files between diffrent servers. But suddenly we also get Excel files kick an error that "the file is not in a recognizable format" and Word files open up but are full of square boxes. I found a article about this but it has worked before :(

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289435.htm

Jetpilot
Level 3
I should say that we are running EV 8.0 sp2. Has someone any ideas in what can couse this behavior?