cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Log error "failed to find configuration information..."

links10
Level 4
Partner
Looking for some advice on a group of event log errors that I get daily. It looks like the two events that we get are 2856 and 3368. They show up together, in a group of about 20 alerts, daily. The messge for both alerts are the same. "Failed to find configuration information for the Archiving Agent in the Directory Service on computer <computer name>.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be easily fixed or ignored? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the functionality of EV.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
These errors indicate that the Archiving Task was deleted prior to it completing work, so messages still in the MSMQ etc. Each task has a unique reference linked to it. Could you paste the whole error from each event ID in so we can see the ID's. You could then run a SQL query script to see what the database has in it with regard to these entries :-

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT TaskEntryID, Name
FROM Task

You can then see if the TaskEntryID in the error matches any of these, I am guessing it isn't. There is an internal technote that can help you, but ideally you should open a support case to get some eyes onto your system to see what state your queues are in.

thanks

Mark

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
what version of EV?

links10
Level 4
Partner
Sorry.

7.5 on w2k3. This is on the storage server.

links10
Level 4
Partner
Anyone?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
How many EV Servers do you have?
Did you remove any tasks or move Exchange Tasks to a different EV server?
What time of day do they show up?

links10
Level 4
Partner
Tony,

Two EV servers. One for the databases one for the vault stores.  No tasks have been moved or removed.

The alerts seem fairly random. Here is when I saw them the last 4 days.

11/3: 12:09am, 7:27am, 7:31am
11/2: 3:54am, 10:33am, 11:17am, 12:16pm
11/1: 3:39 am
10/30: 6:48am, 10:54am, 11:36am, 10:22pm.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
These errors indicate that the Archiving Task was deleted prior to it completing work, so messages still in the MSMQ etc. Each task has a unique reference linked to it. Could you paste the whole error from each event ID in so we can see the ID's. You could then run a SQL query script to see what the database has in it with regard to these entries :-

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT TaskEntryID, Name
FROM Task

You can then see if the TaskEntryID in the error matches any of these, I am guessing it isn't. There is an internal technote that can help you, but ideally you should open a support case to get some eyes onto your system to see what state your queues are in.

thanks

Mark