Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 Database not remove from mailbox archiving task

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

My customer working with Enterprise Vault 9 sp2 with Exchange 2010 sp2.

the problem is :before 1 month customer rename the Database (Exchange database)

the old database name not remove from target (Exchange mailbox archiving task)

I send the screenshoot.

please advice me

Ronen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are you absolutely sure that is the reason for the Provisioning failure? it should have absolutely nothing to do with it as the provisioning runs by querying AD objects and then the exchange objects and would not cause the schedule to be affected.

If it was to cause any issues, you would see that Provisioning would run and then post an Error in the event log saying that provisioning failed and then the reason for it.

As for deleting from the SQL table, i'm not going to give that out as its unsupported and could do more harm than good.

To me it sounds like you have other issues going on, I know that there have been reports of the provisioning task not running correctly due to the Microsoft .NET Scheduler and there have been weird work arounds that work for some and don't for others.

just try deleting the provisioning task and recreating it and then set it to run for the next hour and make sure that you get the events showing that its run and complete and then review the log files after it finishes

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6

Is there an issue with this?
I suppose you could delete them manually, but i wouldn't recommend it.
If its causing errors or issues, you should probably contact symantec.

Another thing you could do is just delete the exchange target and add it back also

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

yes, I have issuse

sometimes provisiong group task not runining in schedule time,

but it`s  always working manual.

How can I delete to old DB in sql Server (which table) ?

thx

Ronen

JesusWept3
Level 6

Are you absolutely sure that is the reason for the Provisioning failure? it should have absolutely nothing to do with it as the provisioning runs by querying AD objects and then the exchange objects and would not cause the schedule to be affected.

If it was to cause any issues, you would see that Provisioning would run and then post an Error in the event log saying that provisioning failed and then the reason for it.

As for deleting from the SQL table, i'm not going to give that out as its unsupported and could do more harm than good.

To me it sounds like you have other issues going on, I know that there have been reports of the provisioning task not running correctly due to the Microsoft .NET Scheduler and there have been weird work arounds that work for some and don't for others.

just try deleting the provisioning task and recreating it and then set it to run for the next hour and make sure that you get the events showing that its run and complete and then review the log files after it finishes