cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Email Archiving

kmirz
Level 2

Hello  I am facing as issue with Exchange mailbox archiving below is the description any help would be appreciated thanks

" I have installed SEV 7.5 on the DC ,after successful installation & running the configuration wizard in EV when I tried to add an exchange server I cannot find the Enterperise Vault System Mailbox ,I want to know is the Enterprise Vault System Mailbox created automatically during installation ,if so why I couldnt see the system mail box when adding exchange server?? or else we have to create Enterprise Vault sysem mailbox manually ?? becoz of this Exchange Mailbox Provisioning Task doesnt runs it returns with the error "Event ID 3305" although I have given the Full Administrative rights to Vault Service account over exchange server"

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

The system mailbox is not created automatically you have to create it on each Exchange server to be archived.

Installing on a DC is not best practice but should work.

What version of domain are you running Windows 2000 or 2003

I have had similar problems with 3305 errors with Windows 2000 domains in the past and my work around was to use a separate account with domain admin rights that the provisioning task can be configured to use.

Remember the EVservice account can not be a member of domain admins group as this has a deny on send and recieve which the EVservice account needs

J

kmirz
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.We are using Windows 2003 Domain so as per your exp.. we should have 2 accounts one is the EV Service Account and the other is Account for System Mailbox. Also as I have already done the installation of EV with  DOMAIN ADMIN rights so do i have to reinstall the EV and run the configuration wizard again with new service account.

Please clear on this thnks....Kazim

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Did you try to run the deployment scanner yet?

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes as Michel said the deployment scanner should have been run first and checked to see if it complains

Installing with domain admin rights should not be a problem but when you try to archive using the evservice account you will not be able to becasue you will have a deny on Send and recieve as on exchange

You need to take the EVservice account out of domain admins and add it to the administrators group of the domain and the local administrators group of your exchange servers and restart the Provisioning task.

Ensure that it is  not a member of a group that has deny 'send and recieve' on your exchange organisation

J