cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Journal mailbox archive doesn't work ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

I'm using EV 9.0.4 R1 to run the Exchange Server 2007 Mailbox archive for the Journal Mailbox, I am having issues that from the EV search website (http://EVServer01-VM/EnterpriseVault/search.asp) I still cannot see the email in the EV journal ?

or any email that is archived by the EV journal task ? I have check that using Outlook 2007 and the EV Service account, the EVJournal mailbox is currently working fine as at now I am looking at the emails in the EV Journal mailbox.

Any idea please in troubleshoot this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Keep an eye on it, your backup script may not have brought the indexes out of backup mode.

Otherwise, someone may have intentionally (or unintentionally) put them in backup mode and forgot to bring them out.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

check to see that the account you're logged in as when you hit the search page has permissions to the journal archive.

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks Andrew,

I'm the domain admin so the and also the Exchange Server enterprise admin member.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

go to the vault console, then archives, then exchange journal. double click on the archive you're trying to search and check the permissions tab. either add the vault service account with read permissions or whatever account you're using to do the search. click ok and then try your search again.

TonySterling

So what happens when you run the search?  Does it error or just return no results?

You might need to verify the indexes on the journal archive.

John_Santana
Level 6

When I run the search, it return nothing. No result but no error message from the .ASP page.

How to verify the indexes on the Journal Archive ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is the indexing service running?

Is the number of indexed items in the archive going up?

Do other searches (of say end-user archives) work?

Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling

Everything you need to know about Indexes:

Enterprise Vault 10.0 Indexing

Check out the troubleshooting section.

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi Andrew,

My account has got the access Granted already. But until today I am still cannot see the archived emails.

John_Santana
Level 6

Tony,

this is happening on EV 9.0.4R1 not EV 10

John_Santana
Level 6

Rob, yes the indexing service is up and running, as well as the other task to do the journalling task.

it was set into backup mode, I have just clear the mode just now, hopefully the archived emails can be archived proeprly this time. 

TonySterling

Sorry, I missed that in your OP.  It sounds like you found the issue.  If the Indexes were in backup mode nothing would have been indexed.  Give it some time to catch up and then try again.

John_Santana
Level 6

Yeah, I just realized that from the Critical Message tab that I viewed, I don't know why was that happened, I have checked that there is no backup going,

TonySterling

Keep an eye on it, your backup script may not have brought the indexes out of backup mode.

Otherwise, someone may have intentionally (or unintentionally) put them in backup mode and forgot to bring them out.