cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Policy limitation?

bigev16
Level 3

Hello EV Users,

I have a problem with my mailbox policy. At the moment I have a policy working, which archives all mails based on age. (older than 2 Years)I would like to keep this rule, but apply another one, that archives mails with attachments after 1 year ! The way I see it, it is not possilbe to combine these rules in 1 policy. I created a second policy, which archives mails with attachments after 1 year. But this way I would have to create another Provisioning Group and it would be ranked as 2nd and not pull the policy.... Is there a solution for my problem?

Thanks for helping!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, but your not going to be able to get that granular. 

You best option right now would be to choose the Start with items larger than and set your Never archive items younger than to 1 year.

As always you could post an idea in the Ideas section on Connect.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, but your not going to be able to get that granular. 

You best option right now would be to choose the Start with items larger than and set your Never archive items younger than to 1 year.

As always you could post an idea in the Ideas section on Connect.

bigev16
Level 3

OK thank you TonySterling for your anwser! I thought so....

The same happens in FSA right? For example:

Setting up a policy, which archives Office Files and Graphic Files which are older than 2 years and retains the files forever. This is a Volumepolicy for the fileshare: testshare

I can't tell EV to archive Backup Files which are older than 2 years and retain the files ONLY for 10 years (For the same fileshare testshare)

Right?

FreKac2
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Not in the same folder.

If you create a subfolder under testshare for the Backup Files, you could use a Folder Policy for that folder and chose a different retention category.

bigev16
Level 3

Yep.... ok my thoughts are confirmed! Thank you guys for helping.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Glad you got your answer - if this is resolved please mark it.