cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchnage Mailbox and EV

karthik_srikuma
Level 4
I use Eneterprise Vault 8.0 and i ran into this issue today,

I have a User who has already been added to the EV System and is mails have been archived,  His Exchnage mailbox exceded his quota and his mailbox was closed, When i ran the Email Archive task it did not do anything on his mailbox. I had to increase his maibox size and then run archive which archived is mailbox..

My Question here is

1) Will the Archive Task Fail if  a User exceds his Mail box quota and the Mailbox is closed????
4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes we honour the Mailbox Quota so if the user has hit the Prohibit Send and Receive limit then no archiving will take place so you would need to extend quota or take it off

Manmachine
Level 1
I use Enterprise Vault 7.5 SP5.
I have setup a Provisioning Group and a Policy to archive a mails that older than on month.
The task is running and create a report normally. But the Exchange mailbox didn't reduce any.
The Exchange mailbox size is almost 2.0GB and the mailbox quota is 2.019GB.
Another Policy was running fine.

Any comment ? Thanks

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I will refer you back to my previous answer as we need extra space in there to perform the archiving. Are any error/warning messages logged regarding the mailbox quota? If not then dtrace the archive task and do a manual run now on the mailbox and see what tells you.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes, don't hijack other peoples posts. 

Check the true size of the mailbox, you cannot rely on ESM. 
Do a run now on that mailbox in report mode. (review the log)
run dtrcace.(review the log)

If you don't know how to run dtrace see this article:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/enterprise-vault-dtrace