cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Inbox from archiving

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I am trying to create a policy that excludes the Inbox folder from being archived. I believe the best way to do it is to use Policy Manager. When I attempt to run the command, I get the following error...."error creating privileged mapi session" Can anyone help me with this?
19 REPLIES 19

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Dennis

Could you post your EVPM Script?
Are you logged in with the Service Account?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thanks for your reply. I am logged in as the service account. I am not sure that the script is the problem because I get the same error when I run the EVPM command and tell it to run a script that doesn't exist. Here is the contents of my script....

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = EVAULT
SiteName = SS Vault

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = /o=Exchange/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=pgarre
LDAPquery = /o=Exchange/ou=First Administrative 
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=pgarre

(This section allows the user to distinguish which mailbox this script will run under.  ALL will run all mailboxes on the Exchange server.  This can also be performed by using the distinguished name,
or un-rem the LDAPquery section and go by any type of LDAP query.)

[Folder]
Name = Inbox
Filtername = DoNotArchive
OverrideArchiveLocks = True

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
The past of your EVPM script has this in it, it should not be there as this is explaining what you put here -

LDAPquery = /o=Exchange/ou=First Administrative 
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=pgarre

(This section allows the user to distinguish which mailbox this script will run under.  ALL will run all mailboxes on the Exchange server.  This can also be performed by using the distinguished name,
or un-rem the LDAPquery section and go by any type of LDAP query.)

Try the following :-

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = EVAULT
SiteName = SS Vault

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = /o=Exchange/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=pgarre

[Folder]
Name = Inbox
Filtername = DoNotArchive
OverrideArchiveLocks = True

Regards,
Mark

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. I am still getting the same error.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I saw that, but it looks like it only applies to version 6 and earlier?

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
No, EVPM still uses the same processes - verify what you are entering against the technote. I know the SQL tables have changed in later versions, but I think that query should work. You can just open the ArchiveRetrievalTask table and view the system mailbox entry........

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Now we're getting somewhere! The entry for SystemMailbox is EVMailbox:nvarchar(255). I assume this is wrong? How do I change it?

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Look thru this technote, it's not the same problem but the way to change the system mailboxes is show....http://support.veritas.com/docs/281739

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I don't suppose you have a doc that shows hot to do it SQL 2005, do you? I think the data may have been correct. The account that should be the  system mailbox is entvault. SQL shows that as the system mailbox. Does it matter that it's not in the smtp:entvault@mydomain.com format? i tried to change it to that, but it wouldn't accept the change.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
if it's just entvault then that should be ok, it's normally created when u install the product.

in 2005 are you getting a ! ? if so just hit return and click into another data box - u should be able to change it.........its worth having the smtp address, this can help with other issues

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I was getting the ! and hitting enter enabled me to save the smtp address. That's the good news....the bad news is that it didn't fix the problem.

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
There is a corresponding error in the Event Viewer everytime I try to run the EVPM.....
Event ID 2776
An exception occurred in routine

CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
run dtrace - http://support.veritas.com/docs/276120

output to a log file and record in verbose mode

DirectoryService
EVPM

paste the log here

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Error Creating Privileged MAPI Connection

When an EVPM script is executed a connection is made to the Enterprise Vault System Mailbox and if this fails then a MAPI error will be returned

Common reasons for this failure are:
– The mailbox is not available
– The account you are running EVPM under does not have sufficient permissions to access the Exchange Server
– The alias specified in the command line is not "unique enough"
- You do not have to specify the Enterprise Vault System Mailbox
– Any non-hidden mailbox will work, provided the account you are running EVPM under has full control over it

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
DTrace trace log
[Opened: 2008/03/14 21:53:37]

Enabled Trace options

Id    Name                             Detail     Include Events
14  - DirectoryService                 Verbose    Yes         
34  - EVPM                             Verbose    Yes         

-----

Display Filter:
  Include strings:
    EV-
    EV:
    EV~

Exclude strings:
    CMMStream
    DBFramework
    DirectoryConnection
-----

Running in Terminal Services session...
  Monitoring debug output from processes running in the console session
  Monitoring debug output from processes running in the current Terminal Services session

1    21:53:46.834     [260]    (DirectoryService)    <4320>    EV:M    CMonitorAzStore::DownloadAuthorizationStoreIfNecessary
2    21:53:46.866     [260]    (DirectoryService)    <4320>    EV:M    DirectoryService: ADO: SELECT AzStoreIndex,AzStoreVersion FROM DirectoryEntry |
3    21:53:46.881     [260]    (DirectoryService)    <4320>    EV:M    CMonitorAzStore::DownloadAuthorizationStoreIfNecessary : Current store version: 3, Required version: 3, Current store index: 3, Last downloaded index: 3
4    21:53:46.897     [260]    (DirectoryService)    <4320>    EV:M    CMonitorAzStore::ThreadRoutine - Waiting for 60 seconds or until service exits.
5    21:54:01.896     [260]    (DirectoryService)    <4348>    EV:M    DirectoryService: ADO: SELECT ComputerEntryId,ComputerName,ComputerRootPath,ComputerSiteEntryId,ComputerAdminNote,VaultSoftwareVersion,ComputerNameAlternate,FileServerManagementUrn,SvcNamesUpgradeState,CacheLocation,CacheSize,DefVaultStoreEntryId,DefIndexingServiceEntryId,ManualAdminSecurityDesc FROM ComputerEntry ce WHERE ce.ComputerSiteEntryId = ? ORDER BY ce.ComputerName |
6    21:54:02.756     [260]    (DirectoryService)    <2528>    EV:M    DirectoryService: ADO: SELECT fs.FileServerEntryId,fs.SiteEntryId,fs.ComputerEntryId,fs.DnsName,fs.UncName,fs.Archive,fs.BackupMode,fs.PhSvrNumberOfThreads,fs.PhSvrRecallLimitTimeInterval,fs.PhSvrRecallLimitMaxRecalls,fs.PhSvrBypassRecallLimitsForAdmins,fs.FileServerType,fs.FileServerVersion,fs.EnablePlaceHolders,fs.EMCCelDMUser,fs.EMCCelDMPasswd,fs.EMCCelDHSMPortNum,fs.ManualAdminSecurityDesc,fs.DeleteArchivedFile,fs.FBLocalQuarantineLocation,fs.FBExcludeUsersAndGroups,fs.LastUpdatedTime FROM FileServerEntry fs INNER JOIN NetAppPlaceholderComputerEntry naphsco ON fs.FileServerEntryId = naphsco.FileServerEntryId WHERE naphsco.ComputerEntryId = ? |
7    21:54:19.882     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::GetMapiSessionFromPool(AdditionalFlags = 0)
8    21:54:19.882     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::CreateMapiSession()
9    21:54:19.882     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::CMS() - Calling CreateProfileAndSession
10    21:54:19.882     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMailboxHelper::CPAS() - ProfileName=VaultMbxAgent-exchange.syssrcad.syssrc.com-4448-1205546059-0-882-0
11    21:54:19.898     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMailboxHelper::CPAS() - CreateProfile
12    21:54:19.898     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMailboxHelper::CreateProfileAndSession(VaultMbxAgent-exchange.syssrcad.syssrc.com-4448-1205546059-0-882-0) - Profile failed (0x80070057)
13    21:54:19.898     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::CMS() - Release Mutex(2)
14    21:54:19.898     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::GetMapiSessionFromPool(): Exit status: 0x80070057
15    21:54:19.960     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    ~EVPM - Successfully processed 0 out of 0 mailboxes
16    21:54:19.960     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::ClearProfileCache()
17    21:54:19.960     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession - Entry
18    21:54:19.976     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession - [1]
19    21:54:19.976     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession - [2]
20    21:54:19.976     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:M    CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession()->Logoff():
21    21:54:19.976     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV:H    CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession - Exception Occurred [Extended info not available - Exception handler may not have been setup for this module|hread]
22    21:54:20.054     [2760]    (EVPM)    <4448>    EV~E    Event ID: 2776 An exception occurred in routine |CMAPISession::CloseMapiSession | |

**** DTrace exit - log terminated

Registry info

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault
 Driver   (SZ) SQL Server
 DriverVersion   (SZ) 3.50.0305
 ClientAuthenticationWellKnownSids   (MULTI_SZ) S-1-1-0,S-1-5-11
 SynchroniseFSASharePermissions   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
 SiteID   (SZ) 1DBE224D432A00849BF98917FC5C120C71d10000ev.syssrc.com
 ConvertRTFCoverToText   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 HebrewText   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 HebrewHTML   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 BypassConversions   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 ConvertExcelToText   (SZ) 1
 ConvertWordToText   (SZ) 0
 ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion   (SZ) .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.WAV.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z09.Z10.Z08.WMA.
 ConversionTimeout   (SZ) 10
 ConversionTimeoutArchiveFiles   (SZ) 10
 MemLimitForTextConversionFallback   (DWORD) 30  [0x1e]
 \Admin
  UseLanmanNameForSCM   (SZ) 0
  Language   (SZ) EN
  AutoCreateMailbox   (SZ) 1
  ResetAuthorizationStore   (SZ) 0
  MigrateCredentials   (SZ) 0
  PartitionSerial   (SZ) 1
  ExchProvisioningTaskRunNowReportingMode   (SZ) 0
  RunNowReportingMode   (SZ) 0
  RunNowContinuousMode   (SZ) 1
  RunNowMailboxesMode   (SZ) 0
  RunNowNumberItems   (SZ) 200
  PstComputerDomainFilterCheck   (SZ) 0
  PstComputerDomainFilter   (SZ) 0
  PstComputerComputerFilterCheck   (SZ) 0
  PstComputerComputerFilter   (SZ) 0
  PstFileMailboxFilterCheck   (SZ) 0
  PstFileMailboxWhereFilter   (SZ) 5
  PstFileMailboxWhereField   (SZ) 5
  PstFileMailboxContainsFilter   (SZ) 5
  PstFileMigrationStatusCheck   (SZ) 0
  PstFileMigrationStatus   (SZ) 0
  FindMailboxesSelectedServers   (SZ) ;EXCHANGE;
  PopulateExtendedSettingTypes   (SZ) 0
 \AdminService
  Configured   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
  AnonymousPermissionsChangeWarning   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
 \Agents
  MaxNumOfRecipients   (DWORD) 5000  [0x1388]
  SkipRecipCheckSize   (DWORD) 750  [0x2ee]
  ProfileExpire   (DWORD) 3  [0x3]
  JournalTaskAccounts   (SZ)
  QueueJournalItems   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
 \CMDLINETOOL
  Server   (SZ) exchange.syssrcad.syssrc.com
  filename   (SZ) inbox.ini
  mailbox   (SZ) entvault
 \Directory
  \DirectoryService
   Database Type   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
   Network Type   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
   Database Name   (SZ) EnterpriseVaultDirectory
   SQLServer Name   (SZ) crmsql.syssrcad.syssrc.com
   SQLServer Protocol   (SZ) TCP/IP
   DSN Type   (SZ) SYSTEM
   LogDatabaseInformation   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 \FSA
  LogLevel   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
  \Reporting
   RDThreads   (DWORD) 8  [0x8]
   RDBufferSize   (DWORD) 48  [0x30]
   ScanThreads   (DWORD) 5  [0x5]
   WebServiceTimeout   (DWORD) 20  [0x14]
   FilePartSize   (DWORD) 500  [0x1f4]
   ReportingServer   (SZ)
   TempFilePath   (SZ) C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault
 \Install
  Version   (SZ) 7.5-RG1862
  InstallPath   (SZ) C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault
  ProgramFolder   (SZ) Enterprise Vault
  InstallationDate   (SZ) 3-11-2008 13:07:31
  Installer   (SZ) SYSSRCAD\entvault
  VaultServices   (SZ) Installed
  AdminClient   (SZ) Installed
  WebApplication   (SZ) Installed
  OWAforExch2003BE   (SZ) Not Installed
  OWAforExch2003FE   (SZ) Not Installed
  SPSWebParts   (SZ) Not Installed
  SMTPMailArchiving   (SZ) Not Installed
  EVOMMonitoringWebApp   (SZ) Installed
  EVOMReporting   (SZ) Not Installed
  KitType   (SZ) Server
  WebAppAlias   (SZ) EnterpriseVault
  WaitToKillServiceTimeout_Original   (SZ) 20000
  Directory   (SZ) Installed
  AppPoolName   (SZ) EnterpriseVaultAppPool
  SilentServerInstall   (SZ) No
  UnicodePSTCompatibleMAPI   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
  ExtSettingsMigrated   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
  OwaWebAppAlias   (SZ) EVAnon
  ServerUpPath   (SZ) 7.5.0-1250,7.5-RG1862
  RegWrite   (SZ) TRUE
 \Storage
  ConverterSandboxPath   (SZ) C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVConverterSandbox.exe
  TraceLevel   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
  TraceFilter   (MULTI_SZ) DBFramework,CMMStream
  ServiceId   (SZ) 17E6960B8A34F95408E311129CCB043D81e10000ev.syssrc.com
-----

I

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
The dtrace shows the following :-

CreateProfileAndSession(VaultMbxAgent-exchange.syssrcad.syssrc.com-4448-1205546059-0-882-0) - Profile failed (0x80070057)

Can you open Outlook and choose that profile and see what happens, can you send and receive email using that profile (on the EV server)??

You could also look at this technote, which has a number of others linked http://support.veritas.com/docs/273298

Do you have any DCOM errors in the system log?

Here is the Symantec MS search page, http://www.symantec.com/business/support/overview.jsp?pid=50996, see if you can track it down...

Failing this I would advise logging a case with support.

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I am able to log into Outlook from the EV server and send and recieve email. There are a few DCOM errors...I will investiagte these and see what I find. Again, thanks for assistance.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
No problem. DCOM can cause EVPM to not communicate correctly. If you don't get any further then just log a support call. If I was at work I could prob give u a few more pointers (UK tech support)