Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude voicemail message from EV Journaling

Satyendra
Level 4

Hello Folks,

I have a Enterprise vault 8.0.3 deployment along with Exchange 2007/OCS/UM etc

I have setup Exchange so that voicemail messages are not sent to the Journal Mailbox but the problem i have is some of the users they forward their voicemail to others, of course these forwarded messages are considered as a regular email and is marked a copy to Journal Mailbox and further its sent to Enterprise Vault Journal Store.

I am trying to find out a way to make sure that these voicemail messages are not processed by the Journal task and simply just disregard the message.

I am wondering if there is a way i can set exclusion based on attachment type (.wav)

Thanks in Advance!

-Satya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

It is possible to set up a custom filter, but if you were to exclude based on the .wav attachment it would in all likelyhood exclude other emails with .wav attachment that should be captured.   You may be able to set up a rule in the journal mailbox to move specific emails to a different folder.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

It is possible to set up a custom filter, but if you were to exclude based on the .wav attachment it would in all likelyhood exclude other emails with .wav attachment that should be captured.   You may be able to set up a rule in the journal mailbox to move specific emails to a different folder.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Take a look at how to setup simple custom filters :

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/custom-filtering-enterprise-vault

And it's described (with an MP3 file example) in the Setting Up Exchange Server Archiving document, included in the media.

Working for cloudficient.com

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was anything else needed with this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com