Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread/read property status in the archive

PetrHanz
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi guys,

Mailboxes are  archiving by API ( Desktop policy)  and by SMTP journaling. EV 12.5. 

1 How is  possible to display  the flag read/unread of a message in archive ?  

May be in EV search - customizing view or SQL query. ?

2 How I can change this flag  for one, group or all mesages ?

Thanks      

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

got it. Is the migration software able to get those details from the shortcuts instead? 

I know, this wont help you for message that do no longer have a shortcut but I dont see any other way.

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marcde

Hi there,

I believe this is something that EV is not saving for a message. At least Rob also mentioned it a few years ago: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/Archive-Explore-search-for-only-unread-mail/td-p/702137

Do you mind sharing a few more details about what you try to achieve? 

Regards

Marc 

www.serviceware.de

PetrHanz
Level 4

Hi Marc,

Migration tool from EV archive to Office365 should be transfer all unread messages like unread and all read messages like read. Therefore the process of migration can read flag/status of the message.  

There are some limits for this but is should be works. May be ? :)  

Marcde

got it. Is the migration software able to get those details from the shortcuts instead? 

I know, this wont help you for message that do no longer have a shortcut but I dont see any other way.

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This does not appear to be an indexed attribute and I do not believe it is DB stored. Some migration solutions (like the one I work with, Quadrotech's Archive Shuttle by Quest) have the ability to mark all messages migrated as read or to retain the original read status as when it was archived.

I believe the only way to switch this in EV would be to restore the item and perhaps re-archive it... but I would want to test that theory as it may not update. This would also be possible as part of post processing of a migration via EWS scripting or similar. If you did it prior you would impact the shortcuts and it would have no real impact on the result of the migration (as you probably are deleting or converting shortcuts anyhow).

Hope this is helpful.

PetrHanz
Level 4

Hi guys

Many thanks for your help .....

Bellow is link where EV claims keeping flag read/unread BUT .....

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100043300

BUT ...... Enterprise vault store the archived mails in DVS file. There is no way to read DVS file to find read unread state of archived mails.

Petr