cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export PST's from EV

ktgnfr
Level 2

Does anyone know how PST's are exported from EV?  The specific question I have is there a PST for mail and a different PST for contacts.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

all the archived items from a particular archive when exported would be in the same PST. each message type would be in it's respective folder in the PST as it is in the archive itself. when going through the wizard there is an option to specify which items to export. you could use that but you'd still have to run it through twice to get 2 different PST files.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You *could* get an extract of just the \Contacts folder.

And then an extract of ALL the items.  

But you can't get an extract of all the items except a particular folder.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB

all the archived items from a particular archive when exported would be in the same PST. each message type would be in it's respective folder in the PST as it is in the archive itself. when going through the wizard there is an option to specify which items to export. you could use that but you'd still have to run it through twice to get 2 different PST files.

ktgnfr
Level 2

I was exporting from a Managed Folder and some users had 2 separate PST's created.  I was doing one folder at a time.

AndrewB

maybe you had the "split PST files by retention categories" box checked? or you had "limit the size of individual PST files" checked?

ktgnfr
Level 2

We figured it out.  Some of the 265KB PST's had only one or two text emails in them and it was rounded down to 265KB.  Thanks for the quick responses.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need anything else on this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com