Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA archiving rule

mickelingon
Level 5
Partner
Hi

I want to archive a folder with .pdf files and are wondering one thing
I want to archive files that has not been access for 3 days, not been modified for 3 days.
And after 3 days from beein created they should be archived.

How would I do this?
Under rule->time tab->filter files using file times

Best regards

Mikael
2 REPLIES 2

Fredrik_Kacsmar
Level 3
Employee
Yes, that is were you would select those settings.
It depends a bit though if you want the rule to be an "AND" type rule or an "OR" rule.

So if you want to archive PDF files that have been created 3 days ago but may been accessed or modified since then, you would need one rule with just the create date option to be selected.
Then you create another one with the access time option selected (you don't need modified in this case, because if you modify the file it will set the access time to the same time as modified time).

If you want both access/modify and create to be at least 3 days old, then you can just create one rule and select both access and create options.

A rule has to match exactly with all the included settings, which include your file extensions, time and file attribute settings that you selected for that rule.

Message Edited by Fredrik Kacsmarck on 03-12-2008 08:51 AM

Fredrik_Kacsmar
Level 3
Employee
Just want to make an amendment/correction to what I wrote.
You may be able to get away with just one rule even with the first scenario above.
Since the created time will always be the first time (unless some application change the date/time).
So if you set the create time option to 3 days the modified and/or access time will be a time after the created time.