cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder

John_Evers
Level 5
Hello, i have a question regarding a strange problem which we have here.

We have running Enterprise Vault 2007 Version 7.5 since 6 months. Now i get a complaint from a user that he can't see a certain folder in his archive when he is using the archive explorer. When he uses the Search Vault button he can see his email  what he was looking for and he is seeing the location of the email where he is archived. This email is archived in the correct folder but with the archive explorer i can't find that particular folder. I did a rebuild of her index but no success. Can anyone help with this?
2 REPLIES 2

Maquiladoras
Level 4
Employee
John,
I think you are going to have to create a support case with symantec for this issue.

Just so you know, when you open up Archive Explorer, the left hand pane which is the folders is driven from the database, and when you click one of those folders, the items generated in the right hand pane are driven from the index.

So rebuilding the index would not generate a missing folder list.
this also means that an item in  Archive Explorer will show the original locaiton it was archived, and not where the shortcuts may reside.

So for instance if you archived \Inbox\mySubFolder, but then created \inbox\ArchivedItems\ and moved all your shortcuts there, Archive Explorer would still show \mySubFolder

If you right click the Folder List , you should have a Refresh button, you may luck out and it just be caching old information, or if you are using Offline Vault it may not be an up to date view of Archive Explorer

What i would do is first confirm through Browser Search and using Full Details on the search results to find the item, and in the details of the results you should see the location , for instance \inbox\mySubFolder

This technote may point you in the right direction, but would sooner recommend creating a case with symantec

cheers

John_Evers
Level 5
Thank you for your input and i will create a support case for this.