cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Forward' doesn't retrieve item with Outlook 2010 9.0.1 client

trichert
Level 3

Double clicking a mail retrieves the item as expected and i can then forward it along, but clicking an item and selecting forward from either the tool menu or right click context opens the 'shortcut' (and yes the policy says to open the original item and it does do this for outlook 2007 and below).

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This works for me for single items.

Are you trying to forward multiple items?

THis is from the ReadMeFirst:

Forwarding multiple shortcuts

To forward multiple archived items in their original form, select the items in your Virtual Vault. Alternatively, restore the archived items to your mailbox before you forward them.

You cannot use shortcuts to forward two or more archived items in their original form. If you select multiple shortcuts to forward, Enterprise Vault attaches the actual shortcuts to the forwarding email.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I know in the Outlook 2007 and 2003 clients to do multiple forwards you must higlight the items you wish to forward first and then press the Forward button from the menu at the top (not by any other shortcut or right click option)

However in Outlook 2010 client i dont know if they incorporated that, however it had been a long requested feature so would be surprised if they didn't

however the behavior described sounds like either the policy isnt being pulled down correctly or theres a communication issue with the EV Server

If you just open the items regularly does it open the full item?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

The changes in OL2010 mean that this feature has to be implemented in a very different way to the way that it was achieved in previous OL versions. Further work is required before we have a solution to this particular problem.

Richard.