Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun with ArchiveUsageSummary view

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all,

I am trying to get a query together that will give me each volume name and some stats about archiving.

The ArchiveUsageSummary view in the vault store DB seems like a goer. The only problem I have is that it doesn't explicitly tell me which volume it is. The identifying columns are ArchivePointID and ArchivePointIdentity. Does any bright spark out there know if there is another table I can use to join up this information to the actual volume names?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You can go back from that to the Archive table, via the root table in the Directory database.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

You can find the relation with the Archive Table belongs to EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database.

The ArchivePointIdentity Coloum from View_ArchiveUsageSummary is equal to the Rootidentity Coloum from Archive Table.

In Archive Table you will findout the Archive Name (Vault Name).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You can go back from that to the Archive table, via the root table in the Directory database.

Working for cloudficient.com

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

You can find the relation with the Archive Table belongs to EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database.

The ArchivePointIdentity Coloum from View_ArchiveUsageSummary is equal to the Rootidentity Coloum from Archive Table.

In Archive Table you will findout the Archive Name (Vault Name).

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Little more help if you please. This is my query which looks right to me. However it's only pulling back one volume across three vault stores (expecting 14). Have I made a mistake you can identify?

select a.ArchiveName as "Volume:", b.OriginalSize as "Size on Celerra:", b.ArchivedItemSize as "Size in EV:",b.TotalArchivedItems as "Total Items Archived:" from

EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.Archive a inner join

EVVSVaultStore1_7.dbo.view_ArchiveUsageSummary b on

a.RootIdentity=b.ArchivePointIdentity
union all
select a.ArchiveName as "Volume:", b.OriginalSize as "Size on Celerra:", b.ArchivedItemSize as "Size in EV:",b.TotalArchivedItems as "Total Items Archived:" from

EVVSVaultStore2_5.dbo.view_ArchiveUsageSummary b on

union all

EVVSVaultStore3_6.dbo.view_ArchiveUsageSummary b on

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Ben,

If you join view_ArchiveUsageSummary with ArchivePoint + Root + ArchveView (or Archive), you should get the archive name for each ArchivePointID. I'll send you a private msg with the query.