cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have You Upgraded To EV 2007 SP2?

Bruce_A__Bosco
Level 4
How did the upgrade go? Did you run into any issues?
4 REPLIES 4

Brian_Day
Level 6
We went from SP1 to SP2. Besides a potential calender reminders popping up issue, I've only seen one other so far which may or may not have started with SP2. Archived calendar items date/times look funky. Symantec tech working the reminder support case says they are right, I don't exactly agree at this point so I'll dig into it further. It looks like the date/time may reflect the time it was archived, and not the original item time.

Besides those two things, so far so good.

Marc_Lueckert
Level 3
We upgraded from 7.0 SP2 to 2007 SP2.  The upgrade was straight forward, we could implement it by ourself.
Also the OWA upgrade worked perfectly.
After the upgrade we had a few client (10 out of 1500) who had to enter their password when accessing Search Vaults or Archive Explorer, but thats all..

We are very happy with this release now.

Marc

Brian_Day
Level 6

@Marc Lueckert wrote:
We upgraded from 7.0 SP2 to 2007 SP2.  The upgrade was straight forward, we could implement it by ourself.

Marc

Did some of your policy settings get reverted back to default? When we upgraded from 7.0 (Forget the SP at the time) to 2007 RTM a bunch of our policy settings were set back to their defaults and we had to redo them. A few others on the board had the same thing happen as well. It'd be nice to know if the 2007 SP2 installer doesn't do this. :)

Sortid
Level 6
We went from SP1 to SP2 with no issues on 3 installations on 3 of our domains without issue.  Most of our clients are still running outlook addins v6 with a few of us running the new SP2 one, but no dramas with those.  Apart from making sure we register valykrie.dll manually after running evreset which we have now scripted, everything is ok.