cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! - Disable Offline Vault when logging onto a Terminal Server

philloss
Level 4

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution to the following problem. 

Our users are granted access to a windows terminal server, offline vault is set to enabled via our custom policy so when users are logging onto the terminal server the offline vault is downloading to the local storage, i need to stop this from happening but still allow for the policy to be enabled on all other machines. 

There is a registry key called "OVenabled" that can be set to disable the offline vault however if i add this to our login script it will get applied to all machines that users log into. 

To me this seems like a problem other people must have encountered so hopefully an answer is availiable. 

Thanks.

P

Message Edited by philloss on 10-02-2008 07:48 PM
2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

Philloss,

It's really unfortuante that OVEnabled isn't a HKLM key which would resolve this problem for many people.  Maybe EV8?

For now the only solution would be to add some logic to your login script so that OVEnable is set to 1 when use requires OV and set to 0 when they access terminal server.

something like:

if logon to terminal server then set ovenable=0 else set ovenable=1

the if check could be a machinename, ip address or any system check you think will identify the TS.

-Joe

philloss
Level 4

Thanks Joe, thats what i had expected, bit of a pain that really but there we go, another addon for the next version!!

Cheers.