cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 2007 and Microsoft Windows Desktop Search

Alex_T
Level 3
Partner

Hi, I am new in Enterprise Vault 2007, when I read the compatibility guide, it mention EV2007-sp3 does support MS Windows Desktop Search version 4.0 of Microsoft Windows XP. When I test in my environment, it failed to add an EV search button and "Enterprise Vault" in menu option, it just show "offline vault" in menu option.

Steps of my configure procedure:

1) Install Windows Desktop Search 4.0 on client's desktop computer
2) Install Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In on client's desktop computer
3) Run EV Administration Console, open the Advanced properties page of the Exchange Mailbox Policy
4) Select Outlook settings from the drop-down list
5) Set WDS integration to Full or Partial. You can also modify the settings WDS button and menu name and WDS search application to suit.
6) Synchronize the user mailbox
7) Re-run the task
8) Restart cleint's Outlook, then restart Windows Desktop Search

Am I doing something wrong or any missing steps?

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_T
Level 3
Partner
Symantec confirmed that the EV buttons in the WDS page has been dropped its functionalities due to MS design change. The option should be removed from EV console accordance with MS change in next release.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Hello.

It seems that the functionality to search in the offline vault was based in a custom buttom.

As far as I know Microsoft has removed the support of custom buttons in WDS 3.01, so altough your steps are correct, it is not going to work.

I have also the same problem and I am trying to fix it. I will post if I solve it.

Alex_T
Level 3
Partner

Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks for your help and information. I already contacted Symantec and log a case, hopefully they can help us to resolve the problem. If I have any update, I will post it in this forum for sharing later.

Thx again!

Alex_T
Level 3
Partner
Symantec confirmed that the EV buttons in the WDS page has been dropped its functionalities due to MS design change. The option should be removed from EV console accordance with MS change in next release.