cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out which holds people are on?

tfoster
Level 4

I'm unfamiliar with Discovery Accelerator, typically this is software we let Legal use to manage litigation holds.

I deleted about 5 vaults, and noticed that they aren't being removed. I checked the Eventvwr and I see

Following archive could not be deleted as it contains items that are on hold, or their retention category does not allow deletions, or a compliance device retention period prevents them from being deleted.

Archive Name = [redacted]

Archive Entry Id = 133B1F07B3DC0394FA99E3857DE591E0B1110000

Total items on hold = 10

Any ideas where I should start looking? Is this a DA hold that is preventing me from removing these archives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

were the items put on hold within a case? you'd have to go into each case and make the modifications.

however, if you went about it by preventing deletions from the archive, you can deselect that option from the archive properties in the vault admin console.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB

check out this technote. i think it has everything you'll need.

Legal Hold Scripts

Article:TECH72381  |  Created: 2009-01-15  |  Updated: 2014-04-30  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72381

AndrewB

did you get this sorted out?

tfoster
Level 4

Hi Andrew, sorry about the late response, been working on Exchange 2010 to 2013 hybrid/migration issues. I'll try this today and report back.

tfoster
Level 4

So I asked our Legal rep which holds these 5 people are on and got an answer. Now using Discovery Accelerator how can I remove the holds? :)

AndrewB

were the items put on hold within a case? you'd have to go into each case and make the modifications.

however, if you went about it by preventing deletions from the archive, you can deselect that option from the archive properties in the vault admin console.

tfoster
Level 4

Most likely put on hold in a case. I guess I'll poke around DA.. I've never used it so am unfamiliar.

As for the archive properties, I've already got them marked for deletion and you can't bring up their properties unfortunately.