cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install evpm.exe?

BruGuy
Level 6

Hi there,

I need to run evpm.exe on a dedicated migration server to process INI files and enable users for archiving in EV10.

Enterprise Vault is not installed on the migration server but it does have the "EV API Runtime" installed. Does the executable have any dependencies on other EV files, or can I just copy and run the exe?

Thanks,

- Alan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

why not just install the binaries like you do with DA and be done with it and keep the admin disabled?

According to Depends though it requires EVRT.dll, EVSecurityWrapper.dll, ExchangeItemsU.dll as well as MAPI32.dll (Outlook)

Regardless though, won't be supported by symc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

why not just install the binaries like you do with DA and be done with it and keep the admin disabled?

According to Depends though it requires EVRT.dll, EVSecurityWrapper.dll, ExchangeItemsU.dll as well as MAPI32.dll (Outlook)

Regardless though, won't be supported by symc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

BruGuy
Level 6

Thanks ..

Errr, what's DA exactly please? The Discovery Accelerator? And how do I disable which admin? 

I'm anxious not to change the migration server too much because it's running third-party vault migration software. Or change the existing EV environments (new or old) in any way.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you really cant just install EVPM. when we use 3rd party migration tools, we still have to use the EV servers for things like running EVPM scripts and whatnot. can you run EVPM from one of your EV servers?

BruGuy
Level 6

I'm calling EVPM from a PowerShell script. It works fine if EVPM is installed locally. Anyone ever manage to call EVPM on a remote server using PowerShell?

AndrewB

i bet you can use psexec

BruGuy
Level 6

Wow, a blast from the past.

I think I'll try WinRM first.

Thx.

BruGuy
Level 6

Since WinRM or PsExec don't work, I have to use a workaround.

The problem is that EVPM on EV10/Win2008 has to be "run as administrator".

Can't do that remotely via WinRm or PsExec.

So on the EV10 server, I need to create a scheduled task and check the option "run with highest privileges". Then I create a batch file that processes all the EVPM ini files in a specified directory and deletes them.

The trick is not to schedule on time. Instead I set the trigger to look for a custom event number in the PowerShell event log. Then I use Write-EventLog on the remote server to log a custom event in the EV10 server's event log - after it makes and copies over the EVPM ini files to the EV10 server.

Getting the feedback is a bit of a pain - need to wait and read it from a text file.

Don't see any alternative for the moment. Not impressed with the options available.

AndrewB

did you try psexec -h ?

BruGuy
Level 6
Yes and all the other obvious options.