cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2016 CU7 issues?

HansS
Level 2

Hi,

Currently on customer site where a migration/upgrade project from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016 is taking place and they are running EV 11.0.1 with CHF5

The consultant and customer wants to use CU7 that is still listed in pending state in the latest compability chart (Oct 23).

Has anyone tested or know if there are any issues running CU7 with EV 11.0.1 with CHF5 installed?

The consultant that is managing the project refuses to go for CU6 as CU7 contains lots of important fixes.

The obvious solution would be going for CU6 and then update when CU7 is listed as supported, but does anyone have any experience using exchange 2016 CU7 with EV11.0.1 chf5 or any unofficial update or idea why CU7 is still in a pending state?

Cheers

Hans

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Hans,

The official stand is that it should be certified within 90 days after relase (which should be mid december).

We're not running Exchange 2016, so I don't know. I do know that we wait with applying CU18 for Exchange 2013 until it is officially certified. We do not want to run the risk that we're running an unsupported conifg. Although you can think 'it should work', I would wait for the official verdict from Veritas.

Suc6 GJ

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks Gertjan,

I thought it was less than 90 days, but great to have an official number to be able to deliver to the PM so they can make a decision after that.

One alternative i thought off is to not archive from Exchange 2016 untill its officially supported since we will run dual environments for some time.

/Hans

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Hans,

If you're running dual, why not run a test on it with the CU7 :)

For the statement, see : Compatibility Guide page

Section About -> Enterprise Vault and Microsoft Products. Link should take you directly to that. It is below the list of MS products supported.

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks GertjanA,

Will go ahead and perform testing (and by the time we enter prod. i'd say its hopefully been listed as supported).

Anyone else out there tried CU7 and has found any negative things or problems with it?

Cheers

Hans