cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move FSA archived folders?

Floon_Dog
Level 3

When an employee leaves, I want to move their home directory from a directory where I archive after 6 months and shortcut, into another directory where I archive after 0 days and delete.  Problem is that some files are archived already and some not so if I just move the directory I get errors about duplicate archives.

Do I have to use the FSAUtility to move the placeholders and move the rest using the file system tools, or is there an easier way?  Seems like I should be able to move folders around on the same volume without much trouble. 

Tim

2 REPLIES 2

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Why don't you give this folders another (folder) policy and leave it where it is?

Floon_Dog
Level 3

That would be too much work, creating thousands of archives manually.  I use auto-created archive points on a folder called D:\HOME.  Each user has a home directory created under the HOME folder and an archive it automatically created. I'd really don't want to have to create thousands of archives manually.  It would be much easier to move the home folder into another folder call "D:\OLD EMPLOYEES" which auto creates archive points and removes them.

It works well except I don't know the best way to move a folder with a mix of archived and non-archive documents.  This come up in other ways too where we need to move folders around.