cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove/add permissions to multiple domino archives?

jaj
Level 4

I was wondering if there is a way to set/remove permissions on archive for domino. I was reading few documents related to enterprise vault where policy manager was used to set permissions on archives. In many examples it was related to MS exchange and nothing for domino.

Can anyone please help me with the parameters required for setting permissions on domino archives? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Jaj

I am afraid that EVPM does not in fact work and is not supported for Domino archives, as per your reading / observations.

Permissions on Domino archives are managed automatically via the Domino Provisioning task which will synchronise ACL permissions on the user mail file to the correpsonding Domino archive, so provided the user mail file ACL reflects the Domino permissions that you require, a run of the Provisioning task should sync them to the Domino archive as well.

If you require either Domino permissions on a Domino archive beyond those that exist on the mail file ACL, or rather want to add Active Directory permissions to a Domino archive, then the only method that exists for this is adding them to each archive manually using the Vault administration Console, Domino Archive properties \ Permissions tab.

There is no method for performing this activity in bulk across multiple archives but if this is your requirement, could you perhaps explain the reasoning / business use case so we can consider if there are any alternatives to achieve your goal?

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

@@Edit 

Apologies for the previous comment .You can used EVPM just for the NSF file migration for Domino .

You cannot use Policy Manager to modify or control Domino mail files or archives.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO57910#v8824693

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Jaj

I am afraid that EVPM does not in fact work and is not supported for Domino archives, as per your reading / observations.

Permissions on Domino archives are managed automatically via the Domino Provisioning task which will synchronise ACL permissions on the user mail file to the correpsonding Domino archive, so provided the user mail file ACL reflects the Domino permissions that you require, a run of the Provisioning task should sync them to the Domino archive as well.

If you require either Domino permissions on a Domino archive beyond those that exist on the mail file ACL, or rather want to add Active Directory permissions to a Domino archive, then the only method that exists for this is adding them to each archive manually using the Vault administration Console, Domino Archive properties \ Permissions tab.

There is no method for performing this activity in bulk across multiple archives but if this is your requirement, could you perhaps explain the reasoning / business use case so we can consider if there are any alternatives to achieve your goal?

Regards Paul

jaj
Level 4

Hey Rahul and Paul, thanks for your reply on the post. I have been reading few documents related to EV where I came know about policy manager. I thought it might be easy way to assign permissions in bulk to the archives of domino users, hence posted it here. Never mind, so I can rather add permissions on mailfiles if thats required.