cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: archive backup schedule

Teovmy
Level 3
Hello,

Since a short time we are using Enterprise vault. Right now we are using it only for Exchange but will going to use it for Sharepoint as well. I'm also a Backup operator so know how to deal with this.

I struggle with how we should schedule our backup for the archived mails (and later sharepoint). Our procedure is to make a full backup every friday directly to tape. But till now this is the only thing I do.
What is a good thing to do? could someone please advice.

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
This entirely depends on your requirements and data loss policies. to achieve a zero data loss policy, you would need to set your vault store safety copy settings to "after backup". this way, mails will etay in exchange until ev is backed up successfully. as for the backup procedure, i recommend daily incremental and weekly full. don't forget to do the same with your sql database. cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Teovmy
Level 3
Sorry for not mentioned that but we indeed configure the vault store safety copy settings to "after backup".

But I don't want to check daily on mails that needs to be archived. I think once a week will do fine. From this opinion I think I don't need a daily backup. Is that correct?