cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a list of new mailboxes from EV?

Gogeta
Level 4
Hi,

Is there a way to generate a list of new mailboxes that can be enabled by EV?  From the EV admin console, I can see those mailboxes, but I have to do it for each Exchange server.  Also there is no way to export what I see from the list to a file.  What I want to do is to generate a list of new mailboxes that has not been enabled for archive, and put that list on a text file.  Any idea how I can do that?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Hi

In order to get a list of mailboxes on a particular exchange server.  You must first have an archiving task created for that exchange server.

When you run that archiving task in "Report Mode", not normal mode you will get a .txt report for that archiving task in the C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports\Exchange Mailbox Archiving\ directory.  That file has a title called "Mailbox State" which will indicate either "new" for not enabled or "enabled" if it has already been enabled for archiving.

That text file is best viewed if you open it in Excel.

Judy Glazier

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Hi

In order to get a list of mailboxes on a particular exchange server.  You must first have an archiving task created for that exchange server.

When you run that archiving task in "Report Mode", not normal mode you will get a .txt report for that archiving task in the C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports\Exchange Mailbox Archiving\ directory.  That file has a title called "Mailbox State" which will indicate either "new" for not enabled or "enabled" if it has already been enabled for archiving.

That text file is best viewed if you open it in Excel.

Judy Glazier

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Hello Gogeta

If the above suggestion is a solution, please mark as solved.

Thanks

Judy