cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put everything on hold

Joe_Van
Not applicable
I need to place every item in Discovery Acclerator on hold.  I have created a case that is on hold but I am having a hard time preforming a non limited search for files from the file archive system.  I was able to get all emails using a From and To with @ bing the search.  Any ideas would be helpfull.  I don't want to change my policies to stop deletion because I know the hold will be refined at a future date.

1 REPLY 1

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Ignoring the obvious question of why you want to put everything in your archiving system on hold, Can you not just run a search without To or From or @. As long as the archives for FSA are selected, this should do a blanket search. Assuming it is setup to search your FSA archives.

The only constraints then would be your envionment and whether it would cope doing such a search. There is a limit to how many you can put on hold at once I think which can be changed by a DA config home page.

So knowing nothing about your system, you should be able to create a case  that will search all archives and put everything on hold by doing a blank search.

The caveat is that it depends on how you system is setup, hardware and envrionemnt as to whether it is going to crash other functions of EV and DA.