cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox and Sent Items Sub-folders

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4
I am looking for a way to turn off archiving for Inbox and Sent Items but allow archiving for all existing or new sub-folders under Inbox or Sent Items. Since the users have already created sub-folders I do not have a standard naming for the sub-folders. I am doing this because I am using MS Mailbox Management Policies with EV to force the users to store email messages they need to retain in folders other than Inbox or Sent Items. Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish this?
1 REPLY 1

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Hmm...this is an interesting one. Since you don't know the names of the subfolders it's going to be almost impossible to script. How many users are we talking about? What you can do is use the full client, unlock all your archiving settings and as long as you have permissions to your users archive, create an outlook profile to that user and manually modify the archiving settings sa needed per folder.

The only thing I'm unsure of is since your parent folder will be set to do not archive, I'm not sure if ev will continue to process the sub folders under them.