cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index drive

pabbinedi
Level 4
Hi i would like to know the solution for the below issue One of my index server drive is getting full, where it host EV indexes and also i'm running on ev10. I would like to know can i have the new drive and start indexing over there or do i need to move all existing indexes to the new drive 2)If i have the new drive for indexing do i need to close the existing location 3)Also do i need to update sql with new location. 4)Since i have indexing server group do i need to take any special considerations while creating new indexing location on index server.
8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Did you see this: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/move-index-enterprise-vault-archive

Working for cloudficient.com

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

My answers inline

One of my index server drive is getting full, where it host EV indexes and also i'm running on ev10. I would like to know can i have the new drive and start indexing over there or do i need to move all existing indexes to the new drive

You do not need to move the indexes to the new dirve , unless you need some free sapce on the existing drive  .You can simply close the indexes and create new indexes on a different drive .

2)If i have the new drive for indexing do i need to close the existing location -- yes you would need to close the existing location so no new indexes are written to the old location .

3)Also do i need to update sql with new location.

No.If you are moving the indexes , then might have to update the sql Db.

4)Since i have indexing server group do i need to take any special considerations while creating new indexing location on index server---- I believe you dont want to change any configuration and just add new indexes so no special consideration.

pabbinedi
Level 4
Thanks Rahul. Any thing that we need to take in to considerations while having index drive innew location on same server.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You may refer https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO59084

pabbinedi
Level 4
Thanks Rob.. I will go through the link..thanks for your help

pabbinedi
Level 4
Thanks Rob.. I will go through the link..thanks for your help

pabbinedi
Level 4