cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing Service Diagnostics (Index Replay Progress)

Richard_Thomp1
Level 2
When replaying indexes (via ManageReplayIndex.htm) there no longer seems to be an application event log entry for when the index rebuild starts or when the index rebuild finished. We are currently using Enterprise Vault For Microsoft Exchange 5.0 SP5. The "Indexing Service Diagnostics" has four options (0) None (1) Minimum (2) Medium (3) Maximum. Reviewing the help file describes very high level each of these options, but I was wondering if anybody knows if any of these settings would provide index rebuild status? (i.e. how many items need to be rebuilt and how many are completed)

Update 03-30-2006 6:15PM
Well, Turned on both medium and maximum and the only thing they really say is that an item was added. Nothing regarding how many items within index need to be rebuilt and how many are complete.
1 REPLY 1

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
I believe 6.0 base and SP1 also no longer show that anymore, however Version 6 SP2 has returned the Event Log entries for starting and completing the rebuild. The completion shows some stats on items added, deleted or abandoned.