cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on EV/DA API

Switch
Level 3
Accredited Certified

One of my clients uses an in-house e-Discovery tool to search LAN, Computers and can process data at an amazing speed. They also use EV and DA for compliance purpose to export data and ingest them to this tool. However, they find DA to be a bottleneck in terms of speed and user time, hence we are looking at interfacing the application directly to search EV indexes and export the data directly to their tool.

I am looking for information about the various EV API available with EV and DA. With the limited information available on Symantec site and these forums, I figured out that we have EV Search API, DA API and CM API. To achive our requirement, which all API are required?

Can we use just EV Search API to search and export data to PST? Or will that require DA API too? If possible, we would like to bypass the DA GUI for performing searches and export. Is there any documents or any forum which we can review before signing up for STEP program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Switch,

You will need the ECM API to extract the data from Enterprise Vault.  The reason you cannot find any information about the API is that the API is not open, you need to be a STEP Partner to have access to the API and the API Documentation.

I dont beleve there is anything you can see or try before joining the STEP program, but you could alwas get in contact with Rick Krieker see if he can help.

If not speak to a STEP Partner see if they can ansswer some of yoru questions...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Switch,

You will need the ECM API to extract the data from Enterprise Vault.  The reason you cannot find any information about the API is that the API is not open, you need to be a STEP Partner to have access to the API and the API Documentation.

I dont beleve there is anything you can see or try before joining the STEP program, but you could alwas get in contact with Rick Krieker see if he can help.

If not speak to a STEP Partner see if they can ansswer some of yoru questions...