cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BCC, CC captured when Exporting Journal Archive to PST in EV 12.2 R1

AbhiMazing
Level 2

Hello,

Just wanted to get a confirmation if BCC, CC fields are captured when items are exported from Journal Archives?

Also, once these PSTs are ingested in EV does it still retain the BCC, CC information? and can it be searched in EVS?

~Abhimazing
3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate,

As far as I know, all the information is captured. However, there is no BCC search field by default in DA. Nevertheless, there is an option to add the BCC index attribute as a custom attribute in order to search items located in the BCC field.

You may want to have a look on this article if you have not seen it yet: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000040552

--Virgil

Thank you Virgil,

Let me elaborate on the scenario i have in mind

1. I have two separate, independent EV environments (ENV01 & ENV02)

2. I have Journal Data already archived in ENV01

3. Both environments are installed and configured with EV 12.2.0 R1

4. I now want to export 1 months data from the Journal Archive from ENV01 to PST

5. Copy the PST files to ENV02

6. Using EV Admin Console import these PST files into ENV02 in a shared archive (e.g.: Test01)

7. Once done, i will give myself read permissions on Test01 Archive

8. I then launch search (by right clicking this archive) and use the advanced search function of EVS to search for specific user (e.g.: some1@something.com) in BCC/CC field

9. Will it return valid results? (presume some1@something.com absolutely exists in BCC/CC fields of many email items which were exported)

Thanks in advance Virgil! :)

~Abhimazing

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Abhimazing,

This should work fine. I would advise doing a test first though to ensure everything works as expected.

--Virgil