cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to export out to PST Archived mail but not working. Application is Enterprise Vault

dmroslin
Level 2

I'm trying to export out to pst file archived mail. I tried with Enterprise Vault and Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator. We did upgrade to EV 12.5.3 about a month ago. So not sure if that is the issue.

The option I'm trying to use is export out to PST using Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator. I have a legal case were I need to provide our out side council with PST files. So I do need to fix this as it a legal case that I need to provide these emails.

4 REPLIES 4

kiyan
Level 4

Hello @dmroslin 

can you provide more information?what is the error you are receving when you are trying to export a pst?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Do you have Outlook on the DA server? That is required I believe to export to PST. Also as asked, what errors? Can you describe what happens exactly?

Regards. Gertjan

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Errors first to determine future direction as stated above. Occasionally, the means to get EV or DA to correct these issues is more burdensome then the timeline requirements permit. Third parties can export the content. Our product, Archive Shuttle can export entire DA cases or just items on hold or any number of variations. I believe we are the only migration provider that can export cases at this point in time, although would happily be corrected. The reason we implemented these features is because of time sensitive needs and challenging issues in the source threatening them.

I agree... this could be something quick and easy and should at least attempt to be qualified... but if you have urgent needs you may wish to consider alternatives.

meuhassan
Level 4

I understand that you're facing difficulties exporting archived mail to PST files using Enterprise Vault and Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator. Since this is a legal case and it's crucial to provide the required emails, it's important to address the issue promptly.

To troubleshoot the problem and resolve the export to PST issue, you can consider the following steps:

1. Verify Enterprise Vault Configuration: Ensure that your Enterprise Vault configuration is correct and up to date. Check the version compatibility of Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator with your current Enterprise Vault version (12.5.3). It's possible that an upgrade may have introduced compatibility issues.

2. Check Discovery Accelerator Configuration: Review the Discovery Accelerator configuration to confirm that it's set up correctly for exporting to PST files. Verify the export settings, including the target PST file location, export filters, and any relevant options.

3. Confirm User Access and Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions and access rights to export archived mail to PST files. Check your user account's roles and permissions in Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator and Enterprise Vault itself. Consult with your organization's Enterprise Vault administrator if required.

4. Review Error Messages and Logs: Check the error messages or logs generated during the export process. They can provide valuable information about the specific issue causing the export failure. Look for any error codes or descriptions that can help diagnose the problem.

5. Engage Enterprise Vault Support: If the issue persists and you cannot resolve it through troubleshooting, it's advisable to contact Enterprise Vault support. Provide them with detailed information about your configuration, the steps you've taken, any error messages, and any relevant log files. They will be able to assist you further with diagnosing and resolving the issue.

Remember, legal cases involving email archiving are time-sensitive, so it's important to address the problem promptly and involve appropriate support channels to ensure a timely resolution.