cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EV Really Working After Installing the License

dario_de_castro
Level 2
sorry to bother you with this question but i've followed the EV installation up to page 76 and i've also installed the license that was sent. however now i am stuck because the instruction is telling that i should see a Computers container within the admin console and all i see are archiving targets, policies, ev servers, archives, vault stores and personal store management.

how do i go about getting a Computers containernto show up on the left pane of the admin console?

thanks.
dmc
8 REPLIES 8

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
That is what you should see. If the license was not valid or installed, you would not be able to see any of the items you listed.

dario_de_castro
Level 2
if so, how come i do not see the computers container? do i need to install the ev services on the servers that i want to archive? thanks.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
The computers container has been replaced by the EV Servers container. Computers was pre EV V6.

The document you are reading may not have been updated or your reading the V5 document.

thomas_stilinov
Level 2
Further to this. We have a demo of version 6 that we subsequently received licences for and installed. We are using it for file system archiving only. Previously we would receive a message about limited functionality due to it being a demo version but after installing the licence key on the EV server it went away and everything seemed to work ok. we then installed the placeholder service on one of our file servers and installed the licence key on it too.

However after adding that file server in the admin console - when we check the status of the file server it comes up that we haven't got a vaild license. Are we doing something wrong?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
check the license on the ev server has the fsa module in it.

thomas_stilinov
Level 2
from the license file

FEATURE FSAAgent KVSPLC 1.000 permanent uncounted.....

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Since the license key was for a demo it may have expired. Does your license have any dates in them?

thomas_stilinov
Level 2
sorry, I didn't explain fully. We had the demo installed previously, got a new full licence key that we subsequently bought and installed the new full licence.

when we did that the prompt about a demo version went away so we assumed that it had upgraded the key succesfully but we still get the status when trying to set up file archiving that the server does not have a valid licence.

the licences we have are valid till the end of the year and we have only just received them from symantec licensing