cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Litigation Holds

PiperBob
Level 3

I have been searching for how to configure Litigation Holds on vaulted information. I came across a Discovery Accelerator page that indicates that DA has a single check-box capability. Sounds great but I didn't want to purchase that product.

Is there a way to do it via the standard console? I thought that there was a way to do it but cannot figure it out. I expect it to be some convoluted process which pushes you to buying DA. Any suggestions would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I dont believe there is a way to do it without using the DA product as the DA product maintains the hold status of the item to ensure that the item is not deleted.

It also has the ability to place marks against the items.

The most important thing is that if you need to export items discovered for litigation the da product reports on the orrigional location of the items so as you can show chain of custody which is required in any form of litigation.

I highly recommend you go to DA...and i'm not a Symantec employee. DA is a very valuable product 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

I dont believe there is a way to do it without using the DA product as the DA product maintains the hold status of the item to ensure that the item is not deleted.

It also has the ability to place marks against the items.

The most important thing is that if you need to export items discovered for litigation the da product reports on the orrigional location of the items so as you can show chain of custody which is required in any form of litigation.

I highly recommend you go to DA...and i'm not a Symantec employee. DA is a very valuable product 

MPR
Level 4

As was previously stated, it is my understanding that the DA is the only module with the ability to place legal holds on items.  As also previously stated, the DA is designed for legal actions as it maintains records as to ownership and possession of items.

If your organization is involved in even occassional litigation, it is well worth the cost to get the DA.  Without it your item's validity could be more easily called into question. 

PiperBob
Level 3

Thanks for the quick responses. It validates why I could not find and information on the topic.

We are just now getting ready to deploy so I am sure to be back with more questions.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Well we are all happy to assist with any questions. Someone in here will always have an answer for you.

Message Edited by Scanner001 on 09-10-2008 09:44 AM