cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon prompt when accessing vaulted email

Mike_P
Level 4
First of all I want to say that this is a strange request, but here it goes...

We have an application that must have certain addresses entered in the intranet sites section of IE. The application also requires us to set the intranet site options to always prompt for logon (for security reasons). Now this presents a conflict because we also have the Enterprise Vault addresses in the intranet sites area. So whenever someone tries to open up a vaulted email, they get the login prompt. It only happens for the first time when they open outlook, and will only come back if they close outlook and then reopen. Still very annoying though..

First question is: Is it a must to have the enterprise vault addresses entered in the intranet sites area of IE?

If so, can anyone think of a clever way to get around this? I'm at my wit's end on this one. I'm thinking I'll have to tell everyone that they'll just have to sign in when they open a vaulted item.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I apologize that this is not entirely related to EV.
4 REPLIES 4

Peable
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi there,

not sure if I completly follow. Have you set the "intranet zone" in IE to always prompt for username/password? - Normally, EV would authenticate based on "integrated authentication", so no username/password prompt comes up.

Have you specified an EV server in the advanced policy settings (add server to intranet zone)?

Regards,
Jochen.

Mike_P
Level 4
I did set the 'intranet zone' in IE to always prompt for username/password. This is because of an application that must have those settings, I cannot undo this, for security reasons.

So that makes it really difficult for me, the enterprise vault guy, because I did count on the 'integrated authentication'.

The EV server is entered in the intranet zone of IE. The other application's address is also entered in the intranet zone of IE.

So I guess my real questions is: Is there any other way to get integrated authentication to my EV server without having to rely on the intranet zone setting "Automatic Logon only in Intranet Zone"?

Peable
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Adding the server to the "intranet zone" is one thing, but the configured settings behind the zone is something different. So normally (default IE settings), users don't have to enter a password. But hey, if you change this...

Have you set the EV server in the advanced mailbox policy (as my previous post)?

What about "trusted sites"?

Mike_P
Level 4
Ya know, when I tried a couple months ago using the trusted sites option I went with the "logon automatically for intranet zone" (Couldn't tell ya why). This time I went with the "logon automatically with the current username and pass" option, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks Jochen for leading me back there :)