Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for documentation on MBX permissions best practice

Karim_KK_KHEDDA
Level 3
Partner
Hello,

I'm looking for an online documentation on Exchange mailbox permissions best practices in order to archive mailboxes.

I need this information for my customers who are experiencing Ev logs on permissive permissions on some mailbox users (default & anonymous permissions different from none) .

Thank you.

KK
6 REPLIES 6

Karim_KK_KHEDDA
Level 3
Partner
Done

Flaphead
Level 2
.. and what did you find?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I *think* you might be getting confused but to be sure, can you post the events you are concerned about here.

Karim_KK_KHEDDA
Level 3
Partner
Hello,

I didn't found documentation about it. I have explain to my customer that Symantec can't provide best practice for mailbox right even if it is need for EV exploitation.

KK

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
To be honest I do not understand your original post.  What are you looking for?

Eloya
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Tony,

I think the original poster has entries in his event log due to the policy setting 'Warn if Default or Anonymous permissions exist'.

And the original poster should think twice: This forum is no support forum AFAIK ;) . To close down his question: If many entries are appearing in the event log stating there are permissions for Anonymous or other than default than this is NEVER EVER best practice from an Exchange point of view. Normally mailbox rights should be assigned on a per-user basis...

Greetings from Germany,

Nico

Message Edited by Eloya on 06-03-2008 01:45 PM