cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS KB 895949

Tom_Felts
Level 4
MS is warning that future updates and hot fixes to Exchange 2003 will break the "Send As" right. This is outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895949/EN-US/

My question is, will this impact KVS admin accounts, and if so, what is the bets way to work around it?

TIA

Tom Felts
5 REPLIES 5

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Tom,

KVS doesn't use "Send As". In my experience Delegating this from Outlook never works anyway. You have to set it on the AD Object (in the directory not as a mailbox pemission). Methinks what the KB says is delegations may result in "From:" rather than "From delegate" (i.e. a bug)

David

Travis_Peacock
Level 4
Hey Guys,
Wondering if you have heard any new information on this subject?
Thanks,
Travis

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I haven't heard anything new on this, but send/receive rights are pretty important to the vault service account.

micah

C_H
Level 4
My understanding of the change is that it will affect access to mailboxes that have been given full rights to a mailbox that have not had send as explicitly added.

This will affect users access to items in mailboxes, and may also affect access to archived items as a result of this.

Would advise troubleshooting whether it is an Exchange issue prior to investigating the EV side of things

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I don't think will affect the EV Admin Accounts at all. As long as the Send As rights are explicitly assigned the it shouldn't be a problem.