cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMQ Configuration in an EV Cluster

w-roc
Level 3
Partner

Hello All-  I'm building an EV 8 cluster in a lab environment, and I'm having issues failing between nodes, and I think it relates to incorrect MSMQ configuration.  Is there a doc or tutorial on how to configure MSMQ in a clustered deployment?

I've basically just created an MSMQ resource, thats dependant on a Phys Disk resource.  The disk is accessible to each node and the MSMQ directories are created on the shared disk.  When I attempt to fail between nodes, the MSMQ never fails over and i get an event id 2015 logged (A Crypto checkpoint cannot be added or removed (Error: 0x80090016).

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This doc might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269229 

It has the following excerpt: 

Additional things to considerWhen you remove a required right from the Cluster service account, you may cause unexpected behavior. The Cluster service may not start, or the service may not create certain clustered resources or bring these resources online. For example, if the Cluster service or the local administrator group does not have a particular user right, the Manage auditing and security log user rights assignment cannot create a Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) resource because the Cluster service cannot create the required crypto checkpoint settings. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This doc might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269229 

It has the following excerpt: 

Additional things to considerWhen you remove a required right from the Cluster service account, you may cause unexpected behavior. The Cluster service may not start, or the service may not create certain clustered resources or bring these resources online. For example, if the Cluster service or the local administrator group does not have a particular user right, the Manage auditing and security log user rights assignment cannot create a Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) resource because the Cluster service cannot create the required crypto checkpoint settings.