cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMQ

Mambal
Level 4

Hi!

I am on process to install EV 8 and run Deployment Scanner. This warning I received from MSMQ configuration

"Either MSMQ is installed with Active Directory Integration or some storage directories are on a system drive. It is recommended that the MSMQ storage directories are located on a non system drive."

I tried to install MSMQ, but it installed it by default( no any prompt where you want to install it) and how to avoid warning Active Directory Integration.

OS is Windows Server 2008 64 Bit

Thank you very much for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey mate,

Check this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771474.aspx

It looks like you can remove AD using Computer Management.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mark_Ludgate
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Windows Control Panel / Add Remove Programs / Windows Components

Application Server - Details

Message Queueing - Details

Remove Active Directory Integration

Also remember to move to MSMQ storage to volume other than you boot volume.

Mambal
Level 4

Thank you for help!

We have two HDs in system. On one will be only OS installation and on second will be EV binary. Is it OK to install MSMQ together with EV binary on same HD?

Mark_Ludgate
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes that's OK.

It is best practice not to have the msmq storage on the boot partition.

Message Edited by Mark Ludgate on 09/02/2009 06:25 PM

Mambal
Level 4

Sorry!

Actually in Windows 2008 server I do not have this options. Only Message Queuing Server

Thank you

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey mate,

Check this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771474.aspx

It looks like you can remove AD using Computer Management.

Cheers,

Mambal
Level 4

Thank you for your help!

My MSMQ messed up now. Can not install it back. Complains about security. Service not starting either

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

After uninstalling MSMQ, probably best to reboot the Vault Server before trying to install MSMQ again.

Judy

Mambal
Level 4

Thank you, Judy!

I did reboot server, but it still was an issue. After using Microsoft article how to fix this problem

"o start the service for emergency use (with a potential loss of data consistency), navigate to the %windir%\sSystem32\msmq\storage folder, and then delete the following files: QMLog, MQTrans.lg1, MQTrans.lg2, MQInSeqs.lg1, MQInSeqs.lg2.
Open Registry Editor. To open Registry Editor, click Start. In the search box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
Create the DWORD registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\LogDataCreated, and then set to a value of 0.
from Joel Cruz to All Participants:To start the service for emergency use (with a potential loss of data consistency), navigate to the %windir%\sSystem32\msmq\storage folder, and then delete the following files: QMLog, MQTrans.lg1, MQTrans.lg2, MQInSeqs.lg1, MQInSeqs.lg2.
Open Registry Editor. To open Registry Editor, click Start. In the search box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
Create the DWORD registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\LogDataCreated, and then set to a value of 0."

I could not start service because permissions issue. I added Vault service account with Full right for new Storage location and everything was fine