cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail size Over limit in Outlook. Will EV still work?

lyleholc
Not applicable
    We are using Outlook and EV.  When the mailbox is over its size limit and locked down will the enterprise vault still work? I had no success with it all weekend but when I created a temporary pst file to at least get be able to use email things started to archive through EV.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
4 REPLIES 4

Brian_Day
Level 6
EV needs space to create shortcuts, so no I do not think it will work. I thought somewhere in my training class I remember hearing about EV having the ability to temporarily raise quota limits, but I could be hallucinating.

David_standish
Level 5
Concur with Brian - I've seen Vault have issues even if the user is over their Send quota - so that's what you have to watch out for.  We had the issue where users were forklifting data from their PST files and trying to archive it, but they would get over their limits and basically be stuck because it couldn't create a 3KB stub.  I believe there was something Vault could do, but we opted not to explore that.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
If a mailbox is in a warning condition, we will get a MAPI error when trying to access it. I believe EV modifies the limit when doing a PST operation but not totally sure.

It's a bit odd really, that the purpose of archiving is to keep this in order, but I suppose you need to tweak a new system to see how to get the best out of it.

Brian_Day
Level 6

@Mark Barefoot wrote:
If a mailbox is in a warning condition, we will get a MAPI error when trying to access it. I believe EV modifies the limit when doing a PST operation but not totally sure.

It's a bit odd really, that the purpose of archiving is to keep this in order, but I suppose you need to tweak a new system to see how to get the best out of it.

I recently did some exports from vault to Mailbox and the limits didn't get raised. It would fail on the export until I manually changed the limit. Did I possibly miss a checkmark somewhere to raise it? This is EV2007 SP2.