cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Permissions - Service Account

Steve_Lowson
Level 4
Morning all,

now and again we get data protection requests and this involves searching users vaults for specific information,

I would normally log on to the Vault Server with the Service account and open the search url
http://eveyn/enterprisevault/search.asp choose all vaults and do the search, however i have just realised that the service account only has search access to very few mailboxes, if i manually add the service account with permissions to the mailbox it lets me search.

is there a way to add the service account with permissions to search these malboxes without adding it manually as that will take a very long time.

I did presume the service account had these permissions for the auto archive to work but i must be mistaken.

as always your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

EV6 SP3
Win23k Standard

2 REPLIES 2

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The vault service account has access to all mailboxes on the exchange server you are archiving but it does not have automatic access to the user archives unless you specifically assign it.

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=enterprise vault directory server
SiteName=vault site name
[ArchivePermissions]
ArchiveName=ALL_MAILBOX
GrantAccess=read write delete, domain\username

Use the evpm script above to give the vault service account access to all archives. More info below

Mandatory setting
ArchiveName
Mandatory. Specifies the name of the archive to which the permission settings will be applied.
If there are multiple folders with the same name and you specify a name, then Policy Manager modifies only the first one that it finds. In this case, you must use archive IDs to specify the archives.
Possible values:
The name of an archive
An archive ID
ALL (Permissions will be applied to all journal, shared, and mailbox archives in the specified Vault Site)
ALL_JOURNAL (Permissions will be applied to all journal archives)
ALL_SHARED (Permissions will be applied to all shared archives)
ALL_MAILBOX (Permissions will be applied to all mailbox archives)

Message Edited by andra christie on 04-30-200703:17 PM

Message Edited by andra christie on 04-30-200703:17 PM

Steve_Lowson
Level 4
Thanks for your help!!