cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox subfolders are not updating in Archive Explorer?

Denise_Sobieraj
Level 4
I would like to know if there is a setting I should check to enable this for my environment. Also, is there a manual way to force updates.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I don't know of any settings to force an update. I believe Archive Explorer just reads the indexes and displays all folders in a web view.

What is the issue you are having?

Denise_Sobieraj
Level 4
I have changed the name of a subfolder in my Inbox, and created a subfolder in that subfolder. When I open Archive Explorer from Outlook, the first subfolder name has not been updated, and I do not see the sub subfolder. When I open Archive Explorer from OWA, I see new updated subfolder name, but I do not see the sub subfolder. EV is not updating changes to the folder structure.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Has anything been archvied from those subfolders? I don't think the folders will show until something is archived from them.

Denise_Sobieraj
Level 4
I stored a new item in the vault, and the folder and subfolder became available in Outlook Archive Explorer and OWA Archive Explorer. However, the previously stubbed items do not show up.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Were the previously archived items originally archived within that subfolder? Archive explorer will only show where items were originally archived from. If you move the stubs to another folder it won't reflect in AE.

Denise_Sobieraj
Level 4
I thought that folders were automatically updated to reflect changes in the contents...that if a stub or mail item was moved into a folder in the mailbox, that AE would also be updated.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
No that isn't the case. The views in AE come from the EV indexes. When you move a stub file it doesn't update the index so the AE views do not reflect the changes.