Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Archiving of Public Folder in Exchange 2010

Peable
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi there,

In Exchange 2007 and earlier, archiving items manually was no problem in Outlook and OWA. With Exchange 2010, I can also archive public folder content manually using Outlook 2007 or 2010. Using OWA 2010, I don't find the context menu right-clicking on an item.

Is it still possible to manually archive items from public folders using OWA 2010?

Can anybody confirm this? Or say how I can edit the context menu?

Many thanks,

Jochen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Hi

Manual archive operations shouldn't be available from OWA for Public Folder items (for both Exchange 2007 and 2010) - I believe that there was/is a bug in OWA 2007 extensions that the toolbar/options are available on public folders.  There is a technote to this affect.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH138908

Regards

Karl

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Hi

Manual archive operations shouldn't be available from OWA for Public Folder items (for both Exchange 2007 and 2010) - I believe that there was/is a bug in OWA 2007 extensions that the toolbar/options are available on public folders.  There is a technote to this affect.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH138908

Regards

Karl

Peable
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Karl,

thanks for the link... I guess Symantec is not intending to change the manual archiving of public folders via OWA is later versions?

If the toolbar options are not supposed to work, what is with the retrieval/opening of the file? Opening shortcuts in public folders via OWA is meant to work for Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010, right?

You made me doubt the entire public folder support of EV.

Thanks, Jochen.

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

I don't know of any intentions to change the behavior.  Viewing of items in public folders works (for both Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010).

Regards

Karl