cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages won't purge from queue

Harry_Maroudas
Level 4
I'm on EV 6 SP4. MSMQ shows that I have 5 messages in the archiving A2 queue. Even with EV services stopped, nothing shows up in the queue and the message counter will not clear after a purge.  What's my next step?

TIA
4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Harry,
The A2 queue is used for manual archiving. So the first question needs to be why are these items stuck in the queue and not being archived. If you purge the queue then the user that has tried to manually archive a mail will have their mail stuck in an archive pending state.
Are there any messages in the enterprise vault event log? You should be able to purge by signing on as VSA and purging which will move them to the admin queue and then they need to be purged from there. Sometimes items are indeed purged as when you try to look inside the queue there are no messages but it does report that they are stll in there.
Paul

Harry_Maroudas
Level 4
Thanks for the reply, Paul.

My practice is to always log on to the EV server as the service account to manage it. The problem in this situation is that the EV event logs show no errors for that task process. In times past when a manual archiving was stalled and I stopped the archive service/task, I was able to determine what and who's message was stalled and could take corrective actions. Right now I can't see who's messages are stuck. Nothing is visible in the queue whether the EV services are active or not. Now if the messages are indeed purged, how do I to get MSMQ to reflect that?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

It sounds like you have a workaround that no longer works for an issue.
So why not get Symantec to resolve that root cause instead so you have to do nothing?

Harry_Maroudas
Level 4
When all else fails I do call support.  Smiley Happy I am patching the EV server this weekend and I'll see if the problem persists after a server reboot.