cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method for separating Vault Stores into multiple Vault Store Groups for OSIS sharing

MoJoe
Level 4
I have not been able to find anything that discusses best practices or planning on how or if Vault Stores should be separated into different Vault Store Groups.  Does anyone know of any documentation or have any ideas on what to watch out for?

Does retention play a part in the planning?  Are there any concerns with Discovery Accelerator?  I'm looking for anything that would help planning.

Regards,
MoJoe
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
MoJoe,

Retention has nothing to do with it.  The only reason I can see you want to use multiple VSG is if you have a company with separate legal entities that use DA.  You can then separate the DA nicely by using VSG.  Other than that why would you want to separate different VS into separate VSG? It makes no sense..

I have only got 1 customer that uses more than one VSG, but that's because they a bank and wanted a single site but wanted to be able to split it in DA.

This is how it looks like:

VSG - Legal Entity 1
          VS - Country 1
          VS - Country 2
          VS - Country 3
          VS - Country 4
          VS - Country 5

VSG - Legal Entity 2
          VS - Country 1
          VS - Country 2
          VS - Country 3
          VS - Country 4
          VS - Country 5

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
MoJoe,

Retention has nothing to do with it.  The only reason I can see you want to use multiple VSG is if you have a company with separate legal entities that use DA.  You can then separate the DA nicely by using VSG.  Other than that why would you want to separate different VS into separate VSG? It makes no sense..

I have only got 1 customer that uses more than one VSG, but that's because they a bank and wanted a single site but wanted to be able to split it in DA.

This is how it looks like:

VSG - Legal Entity 1
          VS - Country 1
          VS - Country 2
          VS - Country 3
          VS - Country 4
          VS - Country 5

VSG - Legal Entity 2
          VS - Country 1
          VS - Country 2
          VS - Country 3
          VS - Country 4