cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Windows update problem

Travis_Peacock
Level 4
We just installed Windows update on a few PCs and found that after installing KB924191 we were not able to view items in archive explorer. After removing this update we were once again able to view archive explorer. Here is the link to MS for info on the update. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924191 We are still looking into this for more details, just wanted to share our findings and see if by chance anyone else has been down this road.
thanks,
Travis
5 REPLIES 5

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Sym support folks? Can we replicate this?

micah

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
This is true ....we are having this problems with this update as well. Please let us know if there is way we can have the MS update and still have EV working.

Sk

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have either of you opened a case?

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
I have not I guess i will do that today

sk

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
There is a workround for this at present.

For version 6 you can modify the Mailbox policy to make Archive Explorer open up in its own Internet Explorer window. In the policy goto the Advanced tab, choose Desktop and Launch Archive Explorer -> modify the option to Separate Browser. After this is changed you will need to do a manual sync of the mailboxes.

There is also a registry setting (please be aware that editing the registry can cause problems and you should have a working backup available) :-

Location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client

Content DWORD

0 -(Default) Archive Explorer appears integrated with
the Outlook window.

1 - Archive Explorer appears in a separate web browser
window.