Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate user between EV server in different domain

Andy_Chong
Level 4
Partner

Dear Support

I have a EV 9 server in a existing domain “A” for exchange email archive.

Now I need to setup another domain “B” with new exchange and EV server. Domain A and B will be a trust domain.

Since some user in domain “A” will move to the new domain “B”. So how can I migrate these users as they already have email archived?

Can I use PST migrator and what is the step?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Andy,

As mentioned, your best bet is to use a third party migration tool.  GlassHouse 

http://www.glasshouse.com/evtools offers both TransVault and Archive Shuttle. Dependent on what you need they will suggest the best tool for your requirements.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

The new EV server part is where this becomes more complex, and in short the answer to your question is no.

However, you could if its on a small scale export the users archives who are moving back to there mailboxes, thereby making them full exchange items in there mailboxes (bloating exchange and mbx size) and then move the mailbox over and target them with the new environment.

However for large scale migrations I suggest you look in to third party tools, the one I have used most, nd found very good is TransVault. However there are a few of these sorts of products available.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Andy,

As mentioned, your best bet is to use a third party migration tool.  GlassHouse 

http://www.glasshouse.com/evtools offers both TransVault and Archive Shuttle. Dependent on what you need they will suggest the best tool for your requirements.

Itzik_Gur
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Andy, 

I second Wayne's comment. 

I have used both TransVault and Archive Shuttle and they provide a much easier migration path between different EV sites.

If you are still more comfortable with a PST solution, it may work for a small number of users however if you have a large amount and you manage to export them all to PST files, then EV Tools also offer PST FlightDeck which amongst other thig is a very good workflow to migrate PST files into EV.

Itzik