cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrator Control Thread stopped as Storage is not running

rouute
Level 6

I have seent his message in the pst migrator log the last couple of days, can't seem to find anything on it. What does the Storage not running mean? The Storage service is running. thanks.

PST Migrator Task Report File: C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports\PstMigTask_EVAULTVS02

9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM PST Migrator Task started

Configuration Settings
----------------------

9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Number of retries after a networking error: 7
   9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Delay time before a retry after a networking error: 1 Day
   9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Location of the holding folder: \\Hq1-fpg\PST Locator
   9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Location of the temporary files folder: \\EVAULTVS02\H$\PST Temp
   9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Number of concurrent migrations: 10
   9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Archive attribute reset denotes a PST has been backed up: False

** 9/23/2009 9:10:19 AM Migrator Control Thread stopped as Storage is not running **

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rouute
Level 6
well after I restarted the pst again, the report is showing the search is being run now. go figure.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Could be that you have an incorrect storageservicid or it is running under an account other than the VSA.

If you need to check the storage service id is correct i recon you need to open a call with support, unless you can run a dtrace on the directoryservice, find the storageserviceid being reference and confirm it is the same as in the storageservicentry table. Serviceid is also registered in hklm/sofltware/kvs/ev/storage/serviceid

recon you can probably confirm the Vault Service Account yourself.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Do those two folders exist:

9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Location of the holding folder: \\Hq1-fpg\PST Locator
   9/23/2009 9:09:18 AM Location of the temporary files folder: \\EVAULTVS02\H$\PST Temp

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

rouute
Level 6
well after I restarted the pst again, the report is showing the search is being run now. go figure.

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Its the power of EV support forums!

rouute
Level 6

but after its running for a few minutes, its give the same error in the pst report.

"Migrator Control Thread stopped as Storage is not running"