cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring EV 10.0.2 with the EV 11 MP

DDog2013
Level 2

I have 2 issues.  I downloaded and imported the EV 11 MPs on a test SCOM server that already had the EV 9 MP.  The servers were already showing as members of the 'Enterprise Vault Computer Group' that comes as part of the EV 9 MP so that discovery is working.  I followed the directions to add Run As accounts, deploy them to 5 EV servers, associated them to the Run As profile and enabled agenty proxy on those 5 EV servers.

First, in the Admin guide, it mentions adding the Run As account to the Monitoring Application Role but one of the 5 EV servers is version 10.0.2 which doesn't have that role obviously.  Will it still be discovered and shown in the SCOM Monitoring pane under the Enterprise Vault 9.0 - 10.0.2 structure?

Secondly, none of the EV servers are being discovered and it's been 4 days.  I checked the Operations Manager logs on both the management servers and the EV servers with nothing helping me to a resolution.  I thought if there was an issue with the Run As account it would error in the logs somewhere.  Any guesses?  Thanks all!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello DDog2013,

As you said you have 5 EV Servers, among which one server is on EV 10.0.2 and other 4 are on EV 11 ?? Yes/No.

If Yes,

Then we could you please let us know did you imported both the EV 11 packages which are

Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Library.MP :- Creates root “Symantec Enterprise Vault” container
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.MP :- Is a library management pack for Enterprise Vault 11,Creates corresponding hierarchy views under Enterprise Vault 11 container

Also check in the SCOM Console do you see any warnings for the Managed EV Servers.

Try restarting System Center Manager service on the SCOM Server.

If No, i mean if all EV Servers are of EV Version 9.0.2 - 10.0.2 

Then you don't require the EV 11 Latest.MP pack as it is designed for EV 11 only. If you are running EV Version 9.0.2 - 10.0.2 then all servers running this version will be shown under  the Enterprise Vault 9.0 - 10.0.2 structure.

I hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

DDog2013
Level 2

Sorry A_J, I should have mentioned the versions and given the full info.  I imported Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Lbrary.MP, Symantec.EnterpriseVault.MP, and Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.MP.

I don't have any EV 11 servers.  One EV server is 10.0.2, the other 4 are 10.0.4.  Everything I was reading stated that it was backwards compatible so I was hoping it would monitor the older versions.  In addition, when I imported it, it creates Monitoring Views for EV10, EV11 and the already-stated 9.0.2-10.0.2.

Just today, one of the 10.0.4 servers showed in the EV 10 Monitoring View.  I'm not sure why just this one showed...  Still nothing showing in the 9.0.2-10.0.2 Monitoring View.

I'll try clearing the health state cache and see if that kicks up anything.  Thanks for the help so far!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

A_J1
Level 6

Hello DDog2013,

As you said you have 5 EV Servers, among which one server is on EV 10.0.2 and other 4 are on EV 11 ?? Yes/No.

If Yes,

Then we could you please let us know did you imported both the EV 11 packages which are

Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Library.MP :- Creates root “Symantec Enterprise Vault” container
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.MP :- Is a library management pack for Enterprise Vault 11,Creates corresponding hierarchy views under Enterprise Vault 11 container

Also check in the SCOM Console do you see any warnings for the Managed EV Servers.

Try restarting System Center Manager service on the SCOM Server.

If No, i mean if all EV Servers are of EV Version 9.0.2 - 10.0.2 

Then you don't require the EV 11 Latest.MP pack as it is designed for EV 11 only. If you are running EV Version 9.0.2 - 10.0.2 then all servers running this version will be shown under  the Enterprise Vault 9.0 - 10.0.2 structure.

I hope this helps !!!

DDog2013
Level 2

Sorry A_J, I should have mentioned the versions and given the full info.  I imported Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Lbrary.MP, Symantec.EnterpriseVault.MP, and Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.MP.

I don't have any EV 11 servers.  One EV server is 10.0.2, the other 4 are 10.0.4.  Everything I was reading stated that it was backwards compatible so I was hoping it would monitor the older versions.  In addition, when I imported it, it creates Monitoring Views for EV10, EV11 and the already-stated 9.0.2-10.0.2.

Just today, one of the 10.0.4 servers showed in the EV 10 Monitoring View.  I'm not sure why just this one showed...  Still nothing showing in the 9.0.2-10.0.2 Monitoring View.

I'll try clearing the health state cache and see if that kicks up anything.  Thanks for the help so far!

DDog2013
Level 2

Solved!!  After multiple times restarting the health service, with no resolution, I stopped the Health Service, removed the Health Service State folder on all servers, then started the service and they all showed in the proper Monitoring views in about 10 minutes.

A_J1
Level 6

Gr8, Thanks for the update.