Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Shortcuts to folders, by policy / Script

Lakshmi_Narayan
Level 4
Partner
Hi,

I am trying to check if its possible to have a mechanism which moves archival shortcuts to different folders,based on age.
Something like Archival 3 year old..1 year old..

The intent is to reduce number of mail items on inbox.

Would be great if any could help me on this.

Thanks
Narayana
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
You will have to look at Microsoft for the managed folders part, as this isn't our application. IF you can move shortcuts around using this method then EV8 will update the changes accordingly.

Maybe someone has implemented this already and could advise...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Weasel
Level 5
Hi, what EV Version do you have and which mail system?
Cheers

Lakshmi_Narayan
Level 4
Partner
Hi,

its EV 8 and Exchange 2007

Thanks
Narayna

Weasel
Level 5
I think it would be possible by managed folders in exchange 2007. EV will update the new location in the archives.
But an other suggestion: Why not remove items when the reach a defined age? User can search them in Archive Explorer or Vault search.
Cheers

Lakshmi_Narayan
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for the response.

But, is there a thing from EV, to handle shortcuts? Apart from Deleting them after certain period/age.

Thanks
Narayana

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
To my knowledge this process is not available in EV8. This version has introduced improved shortcut tracking so Archive Explorer reflects the position of shortcuts in Outlook, but the only operation I know of is to sync the manual move changes, remove via age or remove orphaned.

Lakshmi_Narayan
Level 4
Partner
Thank you Mark.
And, Weassel mentined i may look into managed folder method for this. I am not sure how this can be made to work.

Thanks
Narayana

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
You will have to look at Microsoft for the managed folders part, as this isn't our application. IF you can move shortcuts around using this method then EV8 will update the changes accordingly.

Maybe someone has implemented this already and could advise...

Weasel
Level 5
I can imagine that change the position of shortcuts in the ev database would be possible and it would appear in a different folder when viewing in archive explorer, but the link from the users mailboxes to the archived item could break. In this case the user can not access the archived item by opening the shortcut. You must move the shortcut in the mailbox and let EV update the location in the users archive!

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
GPKGuy is right.

This is not a Enterprise Vault process but an Exchange one..... You need to do thins from a Exchange point of view not Enterprise Vault.